The beauty diary of a make up otaku

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Review: Tony Moly Bbo Bbo Lip Balm in Honey

Tony Moly Bbo Bbo Lip Blam in Honey

Morning beautiful! Today I will be reviewing my current favorite lip balm that has become a LIFE staple for me, the Tony Moly Bbo Bbo Lip Balm in Honey. Tony Moly is a beauty brand that is based out of Korea, and Sephora has just recently started to carry some of their products. The packaging of their items is super cute and brings a fun kawaii vibe.



The packaging for the balm, not the product, is a limited edition metallic lip shaped case. According to the website the lip balm is infused with honey extracts that nourish and hydrates for kissable lips. The balm is priced at $9 dollars which makes it a lower end priced balm by Sephora standards, and you get .26 ounces worth of product. 


I suffer from dry lips and being someone that enjoys a gorgeous matte lip, that's not a good thing. Bbo Bbo means "kiss kiss" in Korean and this lip balm is supposedly a favorite among Korean pop stars, which was more than enough to convince me to give it a try. 

Tony Moly Bbo Bbo Lip Balm applied on the lips
I have to say I am really in love with the lip Balm. The consistency is not too heavy but thick enough to coat lips in a single swipe. The smell  of the balm has a hint of honey sweetness that comes through and the petroleum scent isn't too overpowering. The formula is extremely hydrating and non sticky or creamy and lasted on my lips for 2 hours. My lips were baby bottom soft to the touch and gorgeous to look at. When I did apply lipstick it adhered beautifully. 

The only con I have regarding the Bbo Bbo Lip balm is the amount of product you receive for what you're paying. Rosebud Perfume Co. Strawberry Lip Balm is $7.00 and you get .8 ounces worth of product. That means an ounce of Strawberry Lip Balm will run you $8.75 where the Bbo Bbo Lip Balm will cost you roughly $34.61 an ounce. So yeah...wow...hurts to think about lol. With that my strawberry balm from Rosebud Perfume Co. is the balm I reach for when I take my lipstick breaks and my Bbo Bbo Lip Balm I reach for when I wear makeup. 

I do recommend the product if the price per ounce doesn't bother you. The formula is amazing, it applies very well, and your lips will feel and look heavenly. If you are looking to purchase the product here is the link:http://www.sephora.com/tony-moly-bbo-bbo-lip-balm-P388524?skuId=1649839&icid2=_P388524_image . 

The product also comes in Blueberry, which I really look forward to trying.

I also picked up some of Tony Moly's I'm Real sheet mask and look forward to reviewing that and more Korean beauty products for you guise in the future.

So will you be trying out the Bbo Bbo lip balm? Any balms you are liking now that you'd recommend? Let me know in the comments below. 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lipstick Otaku | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig