The beauty diary of a make up otaku

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring Time Candy Eyes a.k.a My First Tutorial





Hey Beauty Otakus!
Here in Minnesota spring isn't exactly as it should be (so much snow!). So I decided that if I couldn't indulge in the spring weather I could at least enjoy a spring inspired look. This is the first tutorial that I have ever filmed and it was a blast. I love gradient eye looks that incorporate multiple colors and the pastel eye shadows that arrive with the season; so I combined the two and sprinkled it with sugar (glitter top coat) for a look that stands out in the sun. 


Being that this is my first tutorial I learned a lot of dos and dont's. But instead of reshooting the whole thing I wanted to enjoy having a first tutorial thats "pure", ya know filled with innocent mistakes, that way in the future I could compare this video to my new ones and see how my skill has grown. My favorite mistake from this video is a misspelling of a rather simple word...I'll just let you catch it. So what do you guys think of the look? What's your spring go to look? Do you have any tips for me and my filming style (I'm still trying to figure it out)? Thanks for reading and watching, I will be posting more videos in the very near future.
You can find them on my blog or my YouTube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/LipstickOtaku

Stay strong, healthy, and beautiful in the meantime.

look with eyes closed

This is a list of all the product I used in the tutorial:

Product List (In order of appearance)
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
Synthetic Brush
MAC 239
Royal Flush Eyeshadow – Lime Crime D’Antoinette Palette
Real Techniques Shading Brush
MAC Eyeshadow More Amoure
Real Techniques Accent Brush
Sugarpill Eyeshadow Mochi
MAC 215
Vespertine Eyeshadow- Kat Von D Ladybird Palette
MAC 286
Beware Eyeshadow- Urban Decay Theodora Palette
Sigma E40
MAC Eyeshadow Uninterrupted
Sephora 27 Blending Brush
MAC 219
Sigma E30
Verve Eyeshadow- Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
Hello Kitty Pen Eyeliner (Discontinued)
Kat Von D Autograph Pencil Liner Puro Amor
Sephora Pastel Pop Eyeshadow Palette
MAC Extended Play Lash Mascara
House of Lashes- Temptress
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lipstick Otaku | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig